network game ?

The play by mail feature is interesting (400x400 map with one move each week :)), but what about a network game ?

I have a friend in computer sciences who might be interested to develop that, as Crimson Field is a 2 player game on turn by turn, it wouldn't be as difficult to implement as a real time strategy game.

Is this something already developed/planned or does it interest people here, his vacations ends in one month, I guess it could be done quite quickly.

So ? :)