Re: New graphics engine for crimson

On 22.08.2008 17:32, Matthias Grimm wrote:
So I started to program a new gfx engine with following features:
 - maps can be zoomed
 - scrollable maps
 - multi-layer maps
   - terrain
   - buldings
   - transport
   - vehicles
   - ???
 - building and destroying of roads and rails (during the game)
 - automatic path finding while building roads or rails. Only click
   on the next sector and the engine will find the matching tile
   automatically.
 - easy tile creation
   - no tilemap neccecary,
   - common colormap is automatically created
   - zoom levels will be automatically created
 - C++ set of classes for easy integration in crimsons main source

That sounds like a bit more than "just" a new graphics engine. ;-)

The engine is not complete now but because I have little time to work
on it, so I would like to present my up-to-date work. I created a demo
that demonstrates all engine features but the source incl. data is
500k big. May I post it here in the list?

Sure, go ahead.

Jens