Re: Clipped Wings

On Tuesday 05 December 2006 19:24, Jens Granseuer wrote:
> On 05.12.2006 10:05, Nikola Smolenski wrote:
> The probably mean that you haven't properly updated the terrain set. If
> it's a different problem, yell (preferably before the release...).

Yes, that's probably the problem. I still have 0.4.7.

> I'll probably tweak the map a little more anyway.
> (BTW, which handicap setting did you test on?)

No handicap.

> > I'll try to make my proposed
> > factory-introduction map.
>
> Now, that sounds great.

Here it is, alpha version. I suck at giving names, so feel free to give the
level and bases any names you want.

Now, the computer is a bit stupid. Is there a possibility to overcome some
problems:

- For added realism, I initially put a small empty depot just to the north of
the eastern channel, where now a small house stands. However, the computer
always wanted to capture it first, despite the western depot being much more
lucrative. Could it be guided to the western depot?

- For the same reason, I had a troop transport docked near the rebel base, but
the computer wasted troops in attacking it. Could it be given some sort of
low priority?

- I haven't set any victory conditions. They should be the usual: destruction
of all troops or capturing of the base.

- My intention was that, after capturing the factory, the player could decide
on three possible ways of victory:
- Making conventional land units.
- Making air units. If you think that air units shouldn't be introduced this
early, feel free to remove them all.
- Making a sneak attack, by building a hovercraft and capturing the enemy HQ.
But the computer doesn't seem to notice a very suspicious hovercraft moving
towards its base, so it is too easy. Could a trigger be added in regard to
this?

And a few comments on the map editor:

- There's no undo!

- There's no documentation (or is it somewhere?)

- There's no way to remove cursor from the map. Typically I click on a kind of
the tile and put it somewhere; then I want to remove the cursor to see how
the result looks like; but if I click somewhere else, I will put the tile
there too which I don't want!

- It would be nice if you could just type in names of buildings etc. and
computer would automatically maintain the list of messages for you.

- It would be interesting if you could give name to every field, which would
in the game be displayed in the lower left. This would add realism to the
game.