Re: Fwd: Dreamcast porting competition

On 02.02.2005 16:31, Dave Fancella wrote:
> On Wednesday 02 February 2005 03:46 am, Marcus Schreiner wrote:
> > Or you can buy a Dreamcast at eBay for ca. 30 Euro.
>
> 30Euros, that's what, 60USD these days?  I'm soooo broke.  Heh.  But since all
> those emulators are Windows-only, it's irrelevant whether or not I'll have
> the time to take this up.  I don't have an OS.  (I do, really, but I lose a
> little bit more of my sanity everytime I use Windows, and I really don't have
> much to spare anymore)

Should be closer to 40USD, but I got the impression that DCemu might work
on Linux. It does look pretty primitive but SDL is said to work so it should
suffice for CF (maybe minus the audio part).
I'd expect the biggest problem to be the apparent lack of SDL-ttf (or
Freetype, more probably) on the Dreamcast, although I don't know how much
of an issue that is on a Japanese system...

Jens