Re: compile problems

On 2004.01.18 19:24, Torinthiel wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 18, 2004 at 07:00:30PM +0100, Jens Granseuer wrote:
> > On 2004.01.18 17:16, Torinthiel wrote:
> >
> > > Anyway, I've checked out a fresh
> > > CVS copy of crimson, and tried to compile it. First problem was automake
> > > not adding correct links to config.guess and config.sub, but I'm
> > > advanced enough to deal with it ;)
> >
> > You're not the first one to point out similar problems with automake
> > creating faulty links. Any ideas what causes these? I'm at a loss.
>
> I haven't said it clear enough. It wasn't faulty links. It was no links.

Is that better or worse than links pointing into the void? :-P

> > Can you check with a more recent automake? I'm using 1.7.9 myself.
> > Works for me (TM).
>
> Maybe, but not now. I would have to try and recompile the packages, as
> my version of my distro doesn't have it. And a quick check indicates it
> has some quite weird dependencies (i.e. all autotools depend on each
> other).

Weird indeed. autoconf shouldn't depend on automake...

> And I'm in a middle of exam session so I cannot look for it now.

No prob, we're not in a hurry. Would be nice if you'd check when
you're through it, though.

> > Note that you probably won't have much fun with current CVS anyway,
> > as it is very much in a state of flux and a few important files
> > are still missing (ok, if I get kicked hard enough I might manage
> > to check in a preliminary version to get it working again at least),
> > but resolving those compile problems before the next release would
> > be nice either way.
>
> Then I have two reasons to wait ;)

I added the missing parts. CVS should be working again, now.
If not, that's a bug. Let me know.

Jens