Re: compile problems

On 2004.01.20 21:35, Torinthiel wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 19, 2004 at 06:31:39PM +0100, Jens Granseuer wrote:
> > Weird indeed. autoconf shouldn't depend on automake...
>
> Autoconf itself doesn't But building and installing autoconf does.

Building shouldn't, either. One of the nice things about the autotools
is that users _don't_ need them for building the package (unless they
are patching Makefiles or some such). They are developers' tools.

> I don't remember if I was able to play without installing before. I am
> not now, fails with "Could not load language resources for language 'en'"
> message.

No, it has never been possible to run it from the build dir.

> With install whenever AI fights against me clicking on 'OK' in battle
> results dialog box gives me 'Fatal signal: Segmentation Fault (SDL
> Parachute Deployed)'.

Ok, that one slipped in with the recent slew of changes. Fixed in CVS.

> 1. AFAIK ' doesn't need to be quoted in sh. And it is in last line of
> autogen.sh, which produces ugly results.

Thanks, I'll fix that, too.

> 2. We have found out that it requires automake no grater then 1.7.9 and
> greater then 1.6.3. Maybe it would be good to dig into automake
> Changelogs to specify what version, but I think it should make it into
> crimson.spec.in

No. When we have made sure it is automake that's causing the problems,
the place to put it is autogen.sh. That's the only place where automake
is required.

Jens