Re: Eastern european language support

On 20.06.2004 20:45, Torinthiel wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 20, 2004 at 08:38:24PM +0200, Jens Granseuer wrote:
> > [Polish translation needs work]
>
> How much of it? I don't have time right now to look at it. Me and my
> friends are currently translating MPlayer, but are getting to the end of
> it and I can ask them if they want to do it. Or if it's not too much I
> can do it myself.

That'd be great. There are three parts that need to be translated.
The smallest (and most awkward right now) is the unit names, next is
the internal application strings, and last are the missions.

The second item is mostly done. There are still a few loose ends,
but it shouldn't take more than 10-15 minutes to fix that up. Unit names
probably use up about the same amount. Missions are hard to estimate.

For an official release 1 and 2 are mandatory. Ideally, the maps
would be translated as well, of course. The more the better.

Instructions on how to do the translations can be found in the 0.4.[012]
README or, in a slightly more up-to-date form, in the wiki
(http://crimson.seul.org/wiki/index.php/Translating).

I've attached the partial translation I have. Some random notes:

* language=polish should really be language=polski (or whatever is
  actually correct ;-)
* in at least three cases two labels which appear in the same dialog use
  the same keyboard shortcut (_Opcje and P_oddaj, _Ogólne and _Obraz,
  _Zapisz and _Zakończ)

In 0.4.2 or earlier, some characters will simply be displayed as
empty boxes, other than that it works with those version, too.

Jens