Re: UI - multiple issues

On 22.06.2005 21:29, Andrej Krivulčík wrote:
> I'd like to have doubleclick implemented also in main menu when selecting
> mission/campaign/saved game. It works in saving and CoMET so I suppose it
> won't be that difficult to add :-).

It's easy to implement, but I'm not sure it would be a good idea.
In fact, it currently isn't implemented on purpose. I could imagine
that change makes it too easy to accidentally start a game when you're
not done setting the options. Other opinions?

> Another issue I'd like to propose is an improvement of the crystal
> transportation sliders. They have inconsistent behavior when clicking
> inside the bar but not on the slider itself: the in-shop slider moves on
> the other end, the "just-departing" slider has variable width (probably
> depending on the total amount of crystals available) and thus it changes
> the amount by variable amount (sometimes by 1, sometimes by 3 etc.). And
> in this case holding the mouse button doesn't do what most people would
> expect -- the continuous addition/substraction of crystals (as if the
> mouse press repeats).

Well, I'm confused. What is it you're actually proposing? Which behaviour
do you consider correct and which not? I do agree that more consistency
is good.

> I also suggest that the crystals transportation slider in the depot window
> should be reversed. I keep departing with empty
> carriers because the convention is that when I want to increase the amount
> transported I have to "add" the amount on the
> slider (to the right) or at least I find that more natural nad
> intuitive... The slider in the "just-departing" window is in the "correct"
> direction.

Fine with me if noone objects, although I think that the icons do a
nice job of showing which side is which.

> Also I have noticed that it's not possible (I think) to select the blue
> player only with keyboard. When I hit Enter I select the yellow player and
> there's no way to select the blue player... Prove me wrong :-).

I can't...

> When a unit enters a transporter in a depot and the transporter moves out,
> the unit doesn't have the red dot indicating that it can't move anymore
> this turn (it can't).

Fixed.

Jens