More Soundtrack

All,

Ok, this is all midi stuff now.  I went totally synth this time.  :)

http://www.davefancella.com/defaulttest.ogg

The sound quality isn't quite perfect, I've got a lot of work to do to get it
just right.  Also, the last 40 seconds are just the synth riff and a little
rock beat, so after you hear it once you don't really have to listen to the
rest, unless you really want to.

Some questions:  (Well, one question)

First, what sort of support does SDL have for midi?  Here's what I found:
http://www.libsdl.org/projects/SDL_mixer/
http://icculus.org/SDL_sound/

Of the two, SDL_mixer is definitely bundled with Mandrake 9.2, I don't know
about any other distributions.  Apparently Gentoo has SDL_sound, according to
the webpage.  I'll look later and see if Mandrake has it.  I ask because I
could certainly do midi-only music for the default soundtrack that comes with
the game and then do an enhanced version using guitars and other things that
don't suck available as a large and separate download.

Dave

--
Visit my website!
http://www.davefancella.com/?event=em

Ah, but a man's grasp should exceed his reach,
Or what's a heaven for ?
		-- Robert Browning, "Andrea del Sarto"