Re: Thoughts on game balance

Ok, I feel conclusion to this subject.

When I played the Anthill map the artillery came in line and was able to do
its job.  If only the other units had fared so well....

By the end of the map, when the infantry were getting close to the base, the
cannons were able to take them down 5 hit points at a blast, and it was real
nice.  Sure, they had a tougher time when they first started firing, but
towards the end of the scenario they got pretty tough.  Same with the AA
guns, they worked out nicely.

If I could just manage to keep my helicopters long enough to do something
useful with them, I might be able to comment on them.  I haven't yet noticed
the air units and how they're affecting the game now, but I've been playing
maps that don't have many/any air units.  :)

Hm, I did have a light tank that was sitting on 2 hit points (or whatever it's
called) that was surrounded by light tanks and my tank stuck around with his
two hit points for four more turns, each turn taking out one more light tank.
It was awesome for a last stand pocket on a last stand map, I'll admit.
Maybe the fact that it was finally taken out means it was perfectly balanced.
:)

Dave

--
Visit my website!