Re: cvs build

On 08.03.2004 23:26, Dave Fancella wrote:
> Hurray!  Still broke.

Easy! ;-)

> Builds fine, supposedly, but bombs out on make install.  Here's the output
> from that:  (I suspect that output from autogen.sh will be needed, but no
> idea what part)

> Making install in doc
> o "crimson.6"
> http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/manpages/docbook.xsl
> "crimson.xml";
> /bin/sh: line 1: o: command not found

Here it tries to install the manpages. They are included in the distribution
tarball but obviously not in CVS as they are generated from the *.xml files.

Two solutions for you to choose from:

correct: Install libxml2 and the docbook-xsl stylesheets and try again
quick'n'dirty: copy the manpages from some distribution tarball into the
directory and do a 'touch doc/*.6' to be sure that make doesn't try to
regenerate them. This way you won't have current manpages (and you'll
have to reexec the touch everytime one of the XML files gets updated)
but it should work.

Jens