Re: cvs build

On Tuesday 09 March 2004 05:43 pm, Jens Granseuer wrote:
> On 08.03.2004 23:26, Dave Fancella wrote:
> > Hurray!  Still broke.
>
> Easy! ;-)

Hehhheeehhhe.  Nope.  :)

> Two solutions for you to choose from:

I chose the correct solution, of course.  ;)

Here's from the Makefile:

.xml.6:		xsltcheck
		$(XSLTPROC) -o "$@" $(XSLT_DB2MAN) "$<";

That, of course, is the target to build the manpage, I presume.  In any case,
make is executing this line as is, but since the shell doesn't know about
$(XSLTPROC), it tries to execute the command '-o "$@" $(XSLT_DB2MAN) "$<";'.
Since - isn't a valid character for the first character of a filename, it
looks for the command 'o'.  Hence the error message.

Rerunning configure, I find this:
checking for xsltproc... no

I installed libxml2-devel (that always gets any dependencies that may be
hanging around, but in this case none were resolved, so libxml2 is already
installed) and the docbook-style-xsl package.  The descriptions given
indicate that libxml2 is just a library, and the docbook package is just a
collection of stylesheets.  Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but what program am I
looking for to actually do the deed?

Anyway, the reason I bring all this up (besides the fact that I want to knwo
what program to install :) ) is because it seems like if ./configure doesn't
find xsltproc it should disable building the manpages.

Well, i didn't find an easy solution for that (probably I didn't look very
hard), but if you put something like this on line 37, it'll make configure
fail, at least.  And you'll have to change the AC_MSG_ERROR text to give a
mroe useful error message than the one I just pasted off some mailing list
archive somewhere that google dredged up for me.

AC_PATH_PROG([XSLTPROC], [xsltproc], [no])
if test "$XSLTPROC" = "no"; then
  AC_MSG_ERROR([sed is required])
fi

It is quite entertaining to see it tell me that sed is required, though.  :)

Dave

--
Visit my website!
http://www.davefancella.com/?event=em