Re: Website

On Tuesday 16 March 2004 05:34 pm, Jens Granseuer wrote:
> > Green:  Yeah, it's green, barely.  It's #a0baa0 if you were wondering.
> > It's the same background that's on my site, just used a little
> > differently.  :)
>
> Erm, I'm not sure I like the colour. And there's artifacts in the
> background tiling. Hm, but the pattern seems familiar somehow...
> Would be nice if we can improve that. This way we might even get a
> better looking pattern for the game ;-)

Heh.  I like that color a lot.  :)  Anyway, what I really want to know is is
it good enough now to replace the old site, which is still what's up there.
And a news item to go with it.  :)  (If you wanted to knock it out yourself
it's just a matter of renaming/deleting index.html, renaming index2.php to
index.php, and opening includes/leftnav.php and changing index2.php to
index.php in the 'News' link)

And what exactly is wrong with the color.  Should it be darker, lighter, less
green, more blue, whatever.  Or you can crack open the css if you'd like and
screw with it.  Or you can just give me a hex triplet with the color you
want.  ;)  The background tiling looks good in the game, I figured out,
because it's never tiled for large spaces, just smaller dialogs and stuff.
But yeah, a better background is always, well, better.  :)  I'll dig in all
my 3d tiles and see if there're any good ones.  I can't make a tile worth a,
um, worth anything, but I have lots of tiles collected for sticking on 3d
objects and stuff.  :)

> Yeah, I guess that's overkill. If we start to think big, I'd rather use
> bugzilla or so. (But before you rush off to work on that: It's overkill.
> Really. ;-)

Are you kidding?  I wouldn't touch Bugzilla with a ten foot pole.  That whole
'zilla thing is just like Godzilla.  Big, bloated, and completely
unnecessary.  :)  They chose the name well.

The feature request script is for end-users, while bugzilla is for developers,
though, and that's the difference.  If you tried to use the feature request
script to track bugs, you'd find that it really really sucks.  But if you
used it so people who don't know jack about anything but like to play the
game can tell you what they want to see in it and vote on it, then you'd find
it a helpful tool to figure out what people want.  :)

Dave

--
Visit my website!
http://www.davefancella.com/?event=em

If you took all the students that felt asleep in class and laid them end to
end, they'd be a lot more comfortable.
		-- "Graffiti in the Big Ten"