Re: Problems with the second tutorial map

On 29.05.2005 22:29, Andrej Krivulčík wrote:
> On Sun, 29 May 2005 17:50:50 +0200, Jens Granseuer <jensgr@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Fixed in CVS.
>
> I just love this sentence :-). Its only drawback is that it means that
> something was broken :-).

Won't happen again :-P

> > Well, it looks like you still need a name, at least...
>
> Yeah, I had this on my mind but forgot to mention it. I'm not quite sure
> how to name it, here are some suggestions:
> Depots and ranking (I like this one most)
> Basic combat (tactics/strategy)
> How to win a skirmish
> Battling the enemy
>
> I have changed the map so that it's complete (with the name Tutorial #2:
> Depots & ranking, feel free to change it if you dislike it).

How about "Of boys and men"?

> - The 30 chars restriction in the mission name is quite tight, I had to
> replace 'and' with the ampersand. I will also have problems with slovak
> translation (it definitely won't fit in 30 chars), it would be perhaps
> good idea to allow more characters.

We might want to consider dropping "Tutorial #2" from the title. We need
something that can sensibly be displayed as a title, and while 30 is
arguably a pretty arbitrary limit, we should make titles that fit.

> - I have changed also the first tutorial mission so that it has the second
> map as its successor. Exporting from CoMET added quite a few lines, I
> don't know if they are necessary. Check the attached diff.

Nah, comet also exports a number of default settings which aren't
necessary. I usually remove those settings before vomitting to CVS.

> - In both missions I have changed my email address to krivulcik@xxxxxxxxx
> . If it doesn't bother you, do a quick
> s/thefox@pobox\.sk/krivulcik@xxxxxxxxx/ in the ChangeLog please.

I'll probably leave the ChangeLog alone and just use the new address for
future commits.

Jens