Re: A patch

On Friday 04 May 2007 16:52, haruspex wrote:
> > A couple of thoughts.  Uncertainty is part of war.  I agree that you
> > should not have the exact XP.
>
> Indeed uncertainty is. Yet where did you find it? Everything that is
> needed to remove this "uncertainty" is paper and pencil or a good
> memory. And I believe a strategy game should challenge player's
> strategical thinking, ability to analyze situation and choose the best
> way to act rather than ability to memorize a dozen of numbers.

I personally did not knew about the exact rules, and now that I di I choose
not to think about them.

Perhaps it is interesting, the first time I played Battle Isle, I had a table
of all units and was taking attention to it when issuing orders, but later I
resorted to just having a feeling about what will happen and it served me
well.