Re: First 0.5.0 prerelease

On 19.11.2006 12:03, Dave Fancella wrote:
> Any way we can get a windows snapshot?  I've got a group of guys that
> regularly plays freeciv that I can probably snatch one or two to help test
> this stuff, but most of them are windows users.

I can't do it myself, but maybe Silvio can provide some win binaries?

> Assuming it's known to be stable enough for such a test.  If not, maybe we can
> hook up at some point to resume some long-overdue rematch?  :)

Since, to the best of my knowledge, noone but me has tested it yet, I
don't know whether it's stable enough. ;-)
In any case, I'm available for that rematch.

> Anyway, if you find a shortage of testers, try the #armagetron channel on
> freenode, that's where the freeciv players I was talking about hang out.
> (We're all armagetron players, though)

I'd consider it somewhat impolite to hijack another project's channel
for such advertising, but I won't complain if someone already known in the
armagetron community providessome lobbying for us ;-)

Jens