Re: wiki - files

Jens Granseuer a écrit :

Yeah, I already had a look at those pages. I'm just not sure what would
be a good policy. In the old wiki, we had editing enabled for everyone.
On the one hand, that caused quite a bit of spam, on the other we
actually had useful additions and corrections by "everyone". If we just
restricted editing to a few known contributors we'd lose that. Maybe
setting a global editing password that we'd pass to people interested in
contributing is a good compromise. Thoughts?

It is the quickiest way, but...
if you have included a spammer in these people, you need to mail all of them (except the spammer) a new password. Setting personnel passwords and group system (@writers)in SiteAdmin/AuthUser make you able to delete immediatly the spammer from the group writers (or delete him all) without touch others. In the beginning, it needs create a user/password for each volunteer contributor.

Other matter:
By accident I have create pages group for each level of pages.

The good point is that one can up only one level and not return always to main page (homepage). For example on page crystals, the backlink on top is UserManual and on page UserManual, top link is Main.
The bad point is that Crystals page name is now UserManual/Crystals.

What have to do now ? Continue with these groupnames or rename all pages as before and all pages under Main ?

It should be finished tomorrow :-)

--
Marie-Claude Collilieux
Bretagne