Re: [f-cpu] Winograd DCT on my seul.org account

hi !

Martin Devera wrote:
> > However this creates a new kind of problems : gcc should export
> > the whole Intermediate Representation instead of just register-wise
> > code, because register reallocation works best on program-wise
> > working sets. Usually, FPGA/ASIC synthesiser + fitter exchange data
> > in the form of a flattened netlist, but GCC outputs code
> > that almost looks like already-fitted code.
>
> By the way there is already gcc3 patch which exports whole
> IR as XML .. (http://sourceforge.net/projects/introspector/)
that's a good news !

> But then your postprocessor will be the same as "detached"
> gcc backend IMHO.
why not.
but my initial idea was to give GCC an oversimplified ISA
and do the naughty F-CPU stuff ourselves.
Using XML would force me to learn it and GCC3 is not well percieved,
but it's a bet on the far future.

> devik
> PS: have my Itanium question been so dumb or did I violated
>     some f-cpu list roles ?
why do you ask that ? are some of the post bounced or you didn't like my answer ?
i sent something maybe 2 days ago.

Btw, i get bounce messages from someone in australia and someone else from tu-muenchen.de,
among others.

WHYGEE