Re: [f-cpu] Verilog vs. VHDL Discussio Archive?

hi !

Hiten Sonpal wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is there a summary somewhere of why VHDL was picked over Verilog? I know
> there was a religious discussion about that, and I do not wish to restart
> it... I'd just like to read it somewhere.

as far as i remember...

nobody died from this war, fortunately :-) yet the question was raised long ago.

one big bias is that a lot of contributors are in Europe. hence the VHDL,
because it is taught in schools.
The other bias is that the first files were written in VHDL.
The last one is that there is not much people here who understand
"real" CPU designs and how to make a circuit, and this little number
once choosed to use VHDL. Concerning the development "team", i can count
Nicolas, Michael and me, so the question was not a real problem
(we mostly are in France and Germany).

As a consequence, we have been searching tools for a long time,
some can even access "commercial class" tools.

however, nothing keeps anyone from translating to Verilog.
as long as it is fully documented ;-P

> Thanks,
> -- Hiten
WHYGEE