Re: OFF: ZIP vs GZ was:Re: [f-cpu] F-CPU vs ALPHA

Andreas Romeyke wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On Thu, 16 Aug 2001, Michael Riepe wrote:
>
> > They're more portable than .tar.gz -- not *everybody* uses Linux/Unix.
>
> I disagree. Gunzip + Tar are available for all possible platforms (unices,
> amiga, atari, c64, winxx-PC, beos, Mac, etc.) Windows-User can use winzip
> and
> co.
Yes but I want the old archive programs too - zip/unzip lha arc
so when I show the great grand kids what kind of computers I ran
as a kid I can load a dusty old cd-rom labeled CP/M 2003 and
unarchive the programs found there.
Ben.
--
Standard Disclaimer : 97% speculation 2% bad grammar 1% facts.
"Pre-historic Cpu's" http://www.jetnet.ab.ca/users/bfranchuk