Re: [f-cpu] THasm 0.1

hello,

Lavergne Thomas wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I release a new workable assembler for the F-Cpu.

cool !

For the "logic" instruction, i hope you looked at the more up-to-date
documentation located in the snapshots (f-cpu/vhdl/eu_rop2/ROP2.txt)
and the exact encoding is in F-CPU/FORMATS.txt (IIRC).

> Ok I known we already have an assembler in the yg and jws snapshot but I
> can't make them work correctly and these cover only a small part of the ISA.
>
> Why a new assembler ?
<snip>

whatever reason, if it works and is published, that's not a problem.

> You can define new encoding format or new instruction directly in your
> asm file so for ISA testing it could be very usefull.

that a curious and unusual feature, but if it works correctly,
it's interesting as well :-)

> For the moment it does not have label handling, "db", "dw"... pseudo
> instruction and preprocessor, but this was added soon.

this lack in ygasm is what made me break my code. forward label declaration
is a very important feature and i had to rework the memory management,
and the rest has broken up. Be careful.

> You can get it on seul.org in my folder the zip file contain full
> source, file format documentation and windows binnaries. I'm sorry I
> don't provide linux binnaries for the moment because I need to
> redownload it and it was a huge file...
> I hope I could add it quickly.

i wish i'll integrate it soon to the snapshots.

i'm eager to try it but my new job takes all my time (and my desk is
near the boss's desk, so i can't spend too much time playing ;-P).
I don't even read all my mail anymore...

i wish more people can continue the work, as nobody is reliable.

> @+, Tom
> Thomas Lavergne                       "Le vrai rêveur est celui qui rêve
WHYGEE