Re: [f-cpu] "Tree"

Juergen Goeritz wrote:

> Only with that independent level you are really free to
> move the border between hardware and software during the
> development process to achieve a maximum performance of
> the system in design.

The problem is that both C and hardware HDL's are just shit
for programing this stuff. Nobody has a good RTL language
developed. I don't want to have * / in a RTL language if
I can't specify addc and overflow and carry out from addition
if I want it. I once had a old yellow book on RTL languages
( now lost ) from the days of punched cards. That language
still was better I think than today's stuff as it was clear
to read. I don't like operator overloading because you are
never sure what operator like '+' is. I would sooner type
addc(...) than have '+' overloaded.
--
Ben Franchuk - Dawn * 12/24 bit cpu *
www.jetnet.ab.ca/users/bfranchuk/index.html