Re: [f-cpu] Simulating with GHDL

hi !

Michael Riepe wrote:

On Sun, Jun 29, 2003 at 12:30:16AM +0200, Yann Guidon wrote:
[...]

Well, I'm too tired to run away ;-P

well, there could be other things ....
i'm currently working on http://f-cpu.seul.org/new/layout2.gif

Hmm... that's definitely not an F-CPU mainboard ;(

i gotta train for the "big stuff" later.
if i don't practice, routing BGAs etc. will be really tough.

I spoke to Actel guyz and they will have a Linux version
of their dev environment (sim, place, route etc.) by 2004,
so i'll try to negociate a devkit and other resources.

Me too, me too...

does that mean that you get out of your position that "you don't want to
deal with companies" ? does that mean that you'd like to try their SW ?
or even a demo board ?... :-)

Their latest silicons are real heavens for F-CPU cores,
but i fear that my RAM is really really too small for synthesis&place&route ;-)

I'm also looking for a sponsor ;)  I wish I had something like the dual
1,8 GHz Opteron with 6 MByte of RAM that I tested recently...

6Mbytes ? i wish there's a LOT of swap space ;-P

YG