Re: [f-cpu] SUN server : hacking in progress

> Yes, they are actually slow but when we will switch
> to a faster machine we will alraeady have the working
> knowledge of Sun's computer and OS. If we start with
> an x86 based solution when this solution wouldn't
> do the jobwe will have to learn to work with a
> different hardware / OS combination and as you know
> things rarely go by the book thus we may loose a lot
> of time at that time.

But remember too - you can get small "linux on a floppy"
versions of linux that will run on old machines. It is
the Hardisk speed and sine that makes the server.

--
"We do not inherit our time on this planet from our parents...
 We borrow it from our children."