Re: gEDA-user: net labels question

wow, a (supposed) really simple question has really spawned a lot of
discussion!

Hey, I also don't think the tools should enforce a naming convention on
the user.  From these responses, it's pretty clear that we each have our
own idea on what is best for ourselves.  By and large, they are all
good.  As long as you come up with a convention that works, and stick to
  it, then it's fine by me :)  That's even more important when the
design is within an organization where consistent syntax really helps -
and, it's goes double when multiple designers work on a single schematic
(just like for software).

Anyway, many of the ideas you all have posted have merit.

regards,

gene