Re: gEDA-user: minor icon bug

On Mon, 2008-04-07 at 18:00 +0100, Peter TB Brett wrote:
> On Monday 07 April 2008 17:36:51 Kai-Martin Knaak wrote:
> > There seems to be a minor bug in icon handling of geda/gaf:
> > Initially icons show up perfectly in nautilus. Symbols are represented by
> > a scaled version of
> > 	application-x-geda-symbol.svg
> >
> > But if I select a symbol file its icon switches to
> > 	application-x-geda-schematic.svg
> > and stays that way even if I select a different file.
> >
> > A refresh reloads the symbol icons.
> >
> > ---<(kaimartin)>---
> >
> > PS: Thanks for integrating the geda tools into the desktop. This is a
> > major step away from the nerdy-hard-core-enthusiasts-only corner.
>
> Sounds like a Nautilus bug to me.

It sounds like the mime magic is confusing it - we may have made a
mistake.

The file extension is used for a first guess, and it is what determines
the icons you see first. You then click on the file, and it does a more
thorough investigation, reading the file, looking for magic strings -
and apparently, decides your symbol file is in fact a schematic.

Unfortunately there is nothing to tell the files apart, so the magic for
symbol and schematics is the same. The only thing which can
differentiate is the ".sym" on the end of the symbol filename.

Peter

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,