Re: gEDA-user: gschem and nautilus

On Sun, 2008-02-24 at 01:35 +0000, Kai-Martin Knaak wrote:
> Hi.
> Just tried to use the shiny new geda icons for a real world project. I am
> on a Debian platform with testing/lenny in a rather default install. So I
> tried to open the schematic of my current project in file manager
> nautilus. Result: My hierarchy symbols were rendered with the dreaded red
> "not found" symbols.
>
> In the status window I see lines like:
> 	Did not find optional local gafrc file [/home/kmk/gafrc]
> But my project resides in
> 	/home/kmk/lilalaser/geda/DL-Driver
> Seems like gschem assumes the current directory to be in $HOME rather
> than where the gschem files live. Everything is fine if I call gschem in
> bash from the correct directory. Anything I can do about this short of
> writing a specific wrapper for this project?

Sorry to time-machine this back, but I've not encountered this bug...
This email has been sitting waiting my attention for ages now, but I've
not got around to debugging the icons.

I can confirm, that when I open a schematic requiring a custom gafrc
from Nautilus, that is is indeed loaded correctly.

I can start gschem from the command line with cwd=$HOME, and it will
still correctly load the gafrc file from the directory which the
schematic resides (I'm loading a schematic in a different dir, from the
command line).

Peter