Re: gEDA-user: encrytped models on gnucap or ngspice

Can either of these simulators handle an encrytped model?  I have
some from fairchild that are hspice format, using ".prot FREELIB" ,
which is encrypted.

The short answer is no.

To expound on this answer, if the HSpice folks were to release details
about their encryption algorithm, then we could implement reading of
encrypted models in ngspice/gnucap.  However, then you'd have no
incentive to pay $$$ to purchase HSpice.  Therefore, I doubt that the
owners of HSpice (is it Cadence these days?) will every release the
details of their encryption.

What you could do is approach Fairchild and ask them for an
unencrypted version of their model.  They have no reason to disappoint
a customer simply to keep the HSpice encryption algorthm sekrit, so
unless they have a reason to hide their own IP in their model, I don't
see why they would want to keep it encrypted.

Stuart