Re: gEDA-user: What to do with some bugs?

der Mouse wrote:
> Okay, normally I like to read at least a handful of messages on a new
> list before sending anything, but this one seems awfully quiet at the
> moment.

> And, if there's anyone with the time, inclination, and knowledge to
> answer some internals questions, the internal documentation I've found
> seems to be inadequate - presumably the PCB<->HID interface is not
> intended for general use and thus hasn't received the kind of
> documentation attention that the HID<->human interface has.  Not that
> there's anything wrong with that, but it _would_ save a fair bit of
> time and effort to get the design from someone who knows it instead of
> having to glark it from the code.

Hey Mouse,

Welcome to the geda world.  You had me slightly confused for a minute
when I saw your name in a different mail folder than usual.

As others have mentioned, geda-dev is a better list.  DJ knows all.  I
know a little.  src/hid.h has a fair number of comments which can get
you relatively far along.  You'll find that the lesstif and gtk HID's
are structured fairly differently inside.  I'm familiar with some
portions of the core and some portions of the GTK HID although I've not
had much time over the last many months to do much.

The postscript and png HID's are pretty similar to each other (since I
used the postscript one from DJ as a start for the png one).

I'm curious what GUI toolkit you're interested in using?

Glad to see you here.

-Dan