Re: gEDA-user: 3 questions on a 4 layer board

> Ummmmmm, DJ, since you use this stackup, and it is the logical one, is
> there any reason why this is not the default presented to the user
> when PCB starts from scratch?

The default layer grouping is:

component
solder
gnd
power
signal1
signal2
signal3
signal4

This makes sense for the most common case - two layer boards.  If
you're doing a four layer board, you can use it as-is or move the
solder layer down to #4 giving comp/gnd/power/solder.

The problem is that gsch2pcb is using an ancient layer stack which
needs to be taken out back and shot.

In my tutorials, I DO NOT let gsch2pcb define the layer stack.  I have
the user create the blank board beforehand, including size, stack, and
grid, and only use gsch2pcb to add elements to it via pasting.