Re: gEDA-user: Free Dog meetings at MIT starting this September!

On Aug 13, 2004, at 5:02 PM, Karel Kulhavý wrote:
-----  Announcing Free Dog -- the Free EDA User's Group!  -----

Owing to the growing interest in free EDA tools, the time time has
come to form a user group dedicated to supporting and promoting
open-source design tools!  To meet this need, we are forming "Free
Dog": the "Free EDA Users Group".  (FreeEDAUG -- try pronouncing it!)

Free Dog will begin holding monthly meetings starting this
September 1st (2004).  We will meet at MIT (Cambridge, MA, USA) in
Hey the MIT sounds familiar to me - didn't the free software revolution
start there? Didn't Stallman work in MIT AI Lab?
Sigh. Free software has been the way of the UNIX world for decades. Stallman *rode* it...he didn't invent it.

-Dave

--
Dave McGuire "...it's a matter of how tightly
Cape Coral, FL you pull the zip-tie." -Nadine Miller