Re: gEDA-user: Another gEDA-based project working

Eric -

On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 11:32:40AM -0700, Eric Brombaugh wrote:
> As far as kits go, sorry. I'm not set up to sell parts (there are
> probably about $70 worth on this board if bought in small qty). If you'd
> like to take the gerbers to your own fab though feel free to do so. It
> cost me about $80 for two boards shipped from BatchPCB.

I bought a kit recently from TPpacks.com, that was pretty nicely
set up.  The kit is really a bare board (US$49) plus a BOM ready to
submit to Mouser (US$60-ish) and a PDF of assembly instructions.

The ttpacks.com website is too strange to let me give a direct link,
but if you use their search button with "BMS" you'll go straight to
their "4-24 - Cell Battery Management System".

A lot more people are willing to buy and assemble parts, than deal
with getting a PCB made from Gerbers.  Of course, it's also a
significant cost savings to get one large batch of PCBs made,
rather than many small batches.

   - Larry