Re: gEDA-user: removing components in gsch2pcb

On Fri, 27 Feb 2009 13:46:42 -0500, Rob Butts wrote:

> I removed a bunch of test points in a schematic and would like the
> changes made in pcb.  I reran gsch2pcb but because there were no new
> components it didn't redo the layout.  The netlist recognize the change
> but how do I delete the components?

gsch2pcb removes the components in the file it finds on the disk. The
version currently loaded in pcb remains unaffected. If I want to work
without closing pcb, I do:

1) pcb: file -> save

2) gsch2pcb gsch2pcb-project-file

3) pcb: file -> revert
   pcb: file -> load layout data to paste-buffer
   pcb: file -> load netlist file

xgsch2pcb can take care of the hassle. BTW, what is the status of last
summers google of code project manager? Will it hit the streets any time
soon?

---<(kaimartin)>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak                                  tel: +49-511-762-2895
Universität Hannover, Inst. für Quantenoptik      fax: +49-511-762-2211