Re: gEDA-user: Simulation with Potentimeter

Hi --

> > Commercial simulators like PSpice *do* incorporate pot symbols and
> > models.  We have previously discussed incorporating this kind of
> > facility into gschem & gnetlist/spice-sdb.  However, without the ability
> > to simulate using an open-source simulator, it's hard to know what
> > SPICE code syntax should be spit out from the netlister.  And yes, I
> > suppose somebody could hack tclspice to support pots, but it seems
> > like a lot of work to me. . . .

> I don't know which version tclspice is based on, but ngspice 0.5 should
> support resistor sweep, at least it's writen on
> http://ngspice.sourceforge.net/development.html

Tclspice is a superset of ngspice, and is based upon ngspice code.
Tclspice is also more actively developed these days.  Therefore, if
the feature exists in ngspice, it is also in tclspice.  Both, however,
are still kind of buggy, and certain "advanced" features are not
working in either.

I looked through the docs I have, but found no reference to resistor
sweeps in ngspice.  Do you know what the syntax is for this analysis?
(Yes, I could grep through the tclspice code for it, but that is a
real PITA . . . . )

Stuart