gEDA-user: Re:gEDA/gaf 20040111 source tarballs released (RELEASE NOTES)

Just a quick question on install/upgrade

Right now I am using geda version 20030525

Should I go into each package directory and issue a make uninstall to remove the components of the previous version before I attempt to upgrade to 20040111.

Also if I manage to get make xinstall working will I, need to or be able to uninstall this in the future.

Right now I have just been downloading everything, doing ./configure and then make install in each directory.  Before I upgraded last time I did an make uninstall.  But am not sure it was nescessary.

Probably a general linux nubie type question, rather then so much geda specific question but PCB and geda are the only things I am really upgrading right now.

Also a make xinstall in the directory with the top level make file just gets me a *** No rule to make target 'xinstall'. Stop.

so do I need a special version of make to use xinstall?

Thanks so much, I finally have gschem and pcb working nicely together several schematics entered and even some finished boards.  I am on my way and hope to never look back.

Eric