Re: gEDA-user: Footprints with mil and mm grid on same pcb

On 7/12/06, Stefan Salewski <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have noticed that a few newer footprints have grid units of
millimeters (0,8mm for TQFP64) while most parts/footprints still
uses mil grid.

What is the correct and CLEAN way to connect
components/footprints with these incompatible grid-sizes?
Using a very fine grid, i.e. 0.01mm will work, but using such a
fine grid is like using no grid at all.

Using a 10mil grid (and ocassionally a 5mil grid) should work fine for 0.8mm (apx 31mils) parts.

I usually place all parts on a 25mil grid, use 9 mil traces and 8 mil trace
spacing. I am able to do the majority of routing on a 10mil grid occasionally
going to a 5mil grid.

(* jcl *)

-- http://www.luciani.org