gEDA-user: Footprints with mil and mm grid on same pcb

Hello,

I am just doing my first layout with gEDA/pcb.

I have noticed that a few newer footprints have grid units of
millimeters (0,8mm for TQFP64) while most parts/footprints still
uses mil grid.

What is the correct and CLEAN way to connect
components/footprints with these incompatible grid-sizes?
Using a very fine grid, i.e. 0.01mm will work, but using such a
fine grid is like using no grid at all.

Can the combination of mm- and mil-footprints lead to problems
when I create gerber files for board fabrication?

Thanks for your help

Stefan Salewski