Re: gEDA-user: Specifications

Art Fore wrote:
> I have a Postgresql database of about 3,000 parts, mostly surface mount,
> if anyone is interested. I can export it to many others also. Have to
> dig it out of my packed items, I am headed for Taiwan for a year as a
> consultant, though. Need to do it anyhow as I have reinstalled WinXP
> running in a virtual machine under Suse 10.1. (DXDesigner and PADS are
> the only two programs I run under Windows)

  It would be SO nice to have gschem and/or PCB be able to use a
client/server component database.  In fact I'm practically drooling at
the mere thought of it.

  I'm very pleased to hear that you used Postgres for this.  That's some
damn serious software.  I am not a big fan of MySQL, having hit puberty
already. ;)

          -Dave

--
Dave McGuire