gEDA-user: postscript board fab artwork

Hi, It's been a while since I've used PCB, but soon I'll be using it almost every day again. I do some systems work for biologists that is paid with dribbles of grant money, so I am studying how to use postscript artwork to get better than 10 mil traces, or I will learn form Xultz how he does 10 mils with just a postscript printer. I'll be making a slew of experimental boards this next year on low budgets, and so etching and "stuffing" and reflowing many of them.

I have some questions:

1.   Has anyone made their own positives or negatives or
	direct toner transfer boards with postscript
	to etch better than 10 mil traces?  If so, please tell us more.

2.   what is a good converting program from gerber to postscript?

3.   Does the pcb postscript output dialog have choices to tweak X, Y scales
	independently as well as apply bloat and shrink, or should I
	be planning on some postscript post processing?

4.   Panelizing layouts...  Chris Emerson mentioned
	there is something in PCB already -- pointers?

5.   Are there xerographic laser printers that take gerber input?

6.   Are photoplotters  all . 400 lbs?

Thanks,

John Griessen