Re: gEDA-user: Expert help needed - gschem/ngspice etc...

Slotting is a fabrication concept. SPICE doesn't understand slotting. Don't use it in your sims.

In general, schematics you simulate are not schematics you use for board layout: they contain extra things like independent sources and parasitics. There are even problems of convention: board design uses "U" for chips, but a SPICE subcircuit requires "X". It's a pain, but I've never seen an EDA tool that could handle the relation between simulation and fabrication seamlessly. So, keep separate schematics for sims and fab. Cut and paste is useful.

Remember that the spice-sdb netlister doesn't care about pinnunber: it's pinseq that matters.