Re: gEDA-user: Problems with subnets containing short-circuits

On 7/20/06, Stuart Brorson <sdb@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Just out of curiosity, why would you want to have two nets which
connect to nothing other than each other?

Before we label it a bug, what is the goal of this construct?

My goal was to avoid snaking wires to connect subcircuits.

Here are  two simple examples ---

1. I have a microcontroller subcircuit, that I reuse many times, that has
an analog input port with pins P6.0-P6.7 that I want to connect to an
analog front end (which I also reuse many times) that has two outputs
AOUT0 and AOUT1.

I include these schematics in hierachical blocks. To show connections
on the same sheet as the blocks I could do

P6.0 ------ AOUT0
P6.1 ------ AOUT1

I do not have to alter either block or run a rat's nest of wires to
show connectivity.

2. If separate grounds are used you could do a

DGND ------- AGND

to show connectivity.

(* jcl *)

-- http://www.luciani.org