Re: gEDA-user: OT: UV exposure?

On Jun 27, 2006, at 10:34 PM, Steve Meier wrote:
It takes a fair amount of time for the UV light to break down the nylon
of a tent on a high mountain. I suspect, that UV light won't effect the
performance of your board. I would be more worried about moisture and
corrosion. Any possibility you could put a lot of epoxy all over your
board except for the photo diodes?

That's a very good possibility. I can mount the other components on the other side of the board, put the photodiode array on the sunlight-facing side, and mask off everything except the photodiodes.

That might be a good idea anyway, since many semiconductors (especially diodes in glass housings) are light sensitive, and behave differently in full sunlight than they do on the bench in a darkish lab.

JDB
[cue story about leaving 2716s out in the sun to erase them]
--
LART. 250 MIPS under one Watt. Free hardware design files.
http://www.lartmaker.nl/