Re: gEDA-user: footprints -- novice`s problems

<snip>
>I use underlayer from adhesive sheets for this purpose
>but there is another problem I won't warn you before
>when I try to do this frist time I let the iron on the borard for a long
>time
>and the printing gets pour out

Yes, too hight temperature, too long heating are sources of problems. The other
problem is usually that it's hard to heat a big board in a way that all
parts get exactly what it needs so often it gets pour near edges and it
doesn't even melt in the middle. Cheap non-FR4 boards can't stand the heat
and they blend. Even the best boards I did with this method has worse
contours than the ones others draw by hand. If the toner is not very new,
big planes may have contiunity problems and that's visible on the final
board.

Well, many problems, and probably it won't work for the first try, but
once you learn the settings of the printer, the temperature of the iron,
the quality of the paper, it's a nice method for hobby projects :)

Igor2