Re: gEDA-user: a note from a novice user

On Wednesday 26 July 2006 13:42, Igor2 wrote:

> Another interesting approach would be to provide a live cd. There are many
> live linux distros out there, so it would be possible to add gEDA to one
> of them. This way the 'lazy' user could try out the system without needing
> to understand parts of it, reading manuals, installing or anything like
> that. If he likes it, probably he will invest some more time in the
> installation process. It would be like a trial period so the user could
> decide to invest time or not after experiencing a working version.

Here at Cambridge University Engineering Department all our undergraduate CAD
teaching is done off a custom-rolled Knoppix, which includes geda (among
other things).

Works well for real usage, not just trying it out. :)

Peter

--
Quake II build tools maintainer             http://tinyurl.com/fkldd

v2sw6YShw7$ln5pr6ck3ma8u6/8Lw3+2m0l7Ci6e4+8t4Eb8Aen5+6g6Pa2Xs5MSr5p4
  hackerkey.com