Re: gEDA-user: TQFP package problem

I am not sure what you mean here Stuart? There is a risk that a user
would pick a symbol with pin numbers that match one physical foot print
but at layout time would select a foot print for a different packaging
of the device.

I sure would like to at least warn a user that "hey that foot print
doesn't match that symbol".

Even better would be a system similar to slots where the user could pick
the foot print at shematic time and the shematic symbol would switch to
showing  the matching symbol.

However, I suspect we can't idiot proof everything.

Steve Meier