Re: gEDA-user: pcb footprint syntax

kmk wrote:
Hi,
as you can tell from my mails, I am about to dive into pcb.
First thing I did was, to design a footprint PENTAWATV for the L165
Power Opamp. I started with pcb and thought, I'd finish with an editor.
 The pin definition in my file looks like this:
/--------
| Pin[0 0 6600 2000 8600 4600 "" "1" 0x00000101]
\-------

In the pcb docs (pcb-20050609.html/Element-File.html) I find:
/------
| Pin = "Pin(" X Y Thickness DrillingHole Name PinNumber Flags ")"
\------

How does this match? There are nine Arguments in my pin definition but
only seven in the docs.
Let me see. The last three items seem clear: name, pin number and flags.
The first two numbers are the position of the pin. (It was deliberately
set to the origin). But what about the next numbers?
If I look at the object report, I see that "4600" is the drill width,
"6600" is the copper width and "8600" is the solder mask hole. But what
is "2000"?

The same with the element[]() syntax --- 11 arguments in my file but
only 9 arguments in the docs.

Clearly, the docs I am looking at do not reflect the file format used by
my installed version of pcb. Is there any other place to look for the
syntax?

The manual has been updated after your snapshot to address this. Read the first 2 paragraphs of: