Re: gEDA-user: Howto update footprint in pcb?

kmk wrote:
Hi,

what is the best method to do an update of footprints in pcb? Suppose I
improved my 0805 footprint with a fancy silkscreen. How do I transfer
this information to already existing layouts? I can't seem to find the
right button for this task.

Maybe I missed some important doc...

unfortunately, no. This is, in my mind, a major limitation. I've used awk or emacs in the past. This is one of the things I'd really like to see fixed. If anyone is up for some coding, they should contact me as I think I understand the problem and all the stuff which needs to be addressed to effectively deal with this.

In terms of 0805, I'd suggest you use one of the

{CAP,IND,RES}C2012{L,N,M}

footprints from the ~geda library. Those are IPC footprints for 0805 for caps, inductors, resistors, in least/nominal/most copper.

-Dan