gEDA-user: PCB 'surface mount' pad autoroute error

I figured I'd google a bit for this problem, as I could *swear* someone here
in the list mentioned an error similar to this..  It seems the autorouter
doesn't like to route to surface-mounted parts...or at least, the ones I
created to implement a basic edge connector.

Download this footprint:

http://www.gedasymbols.org/user/vanessa_dannenberg/footprints/44_Pin_Male_Edge_.100_Centers.fp?dl

Create a test board with only this part and a few through-hole parts.  Run a
bunch of rats at random between the edge connector and the through-hole
parts, as well as between those parts.

Check the netlist, make sure all nets are enabled.  Now run the autorouter.

The rats  that run from the edge connector to any other part (including
between it's own pads) will be left behind, not routed, while rats between
other parts are routed fine.

Is this a design fault of my footprint, or have I found a bug?

--
"Sometimes paranoia can be helpful. Usually it
isn't, and when you learn that, life improves."