Re: gEDA-user: PCB 'surface mount' pad autoroute error

Vanessa Dannenberg wrote:

The rats that run from the edge connector to any other part (including between it's own pads) will be left behind, not routed, while rats between other parts are routed fine.

Is this a design fault of my footprint, or have I found a bug?

It's a bug. The autorouter was not properly handling elements with pads on both sides.
It's fixed in the sourceforge CVS tree now.

Line 539 of autoroute.c, change "element" to "pad" in the TEST_FLAG  macro.

h.