Re: gEDA-user: home made hot plate

On 3/2/07, Dave N6NZ <n6nz@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Seeing DJ's hot plate photo brought to mind a link I once saw, where a
guy built a home-brew SMT hot plate.  I can't find the link, but as I
recall, he used a few low-ohm high-watt power resistors epoxied to a
piece of aluminum sheet.

You need to check the temperature rating and the thermal resistance of the resistor package. You don't want destruct the resistor as you construct your boards ;-) You are probably better of with a strip heater or cartridge heater and the aluminum plate. McMaster Carr sells both. -- http://www.luciani.org